Piping and Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID) is a detailed diagram in the ship’s systems which shows the piping and process equipment together with the instrumentation and control devices.
Outfitting production engineering includes all components except the hull structure of the ship. In the scope of this process all the following subsystems and equipment, installation of the equipment in relevant spaces, clash control and preparation of necessary production documents and in information are carried out.
The purpose of the “Piping & Outfitting Department” prepares a Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams in order to achieve approvals from the classification society, nation authority and other related authorities as well as to define the project to meet the owner’s requirements. Also, this department works on outfitting equipments’ arrangement and foundation drawings due to requirement of societies and owner requests.
- Design and arrangement of engine room
- Calculation of the equipment capacities and selection of equipment
- Design of propeller and rudder shaft systems
- Calculation of boiler capacity, heating coil length, design of heating systems
- Design of ladder, railway, windlass-mooring arrangement and other deck equipment
- Design and preparation of piping diagrams
- Design of exhaust and ventilation ducts
- 3 D pipe modelling and preparation of isometric plans
- Preparation of P&A, ODME, Rudder Shaft and Clean Sea manuals
- Preparation of Fire and Safety plans
- Preparation of Damaged Stability control plans